Glycerin is an all-natural skin care ingredient made from plants. Glycerin is a "humectant", which means that it draws moisture from the air and retains it in the skin. Researchers believe that glycerin helps to soothe and treat many serious dry skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, skin burns and many others.
Glycerin benefits include:
- Glycerin is a natural, non-toxic ingredient produced from plant matter which has no side effects, when mixed with water or other ingredients / delivery systems.
- Glycerin is very useful in moisturizing all types of dry skin anywhere on the body including the face and lips.
- Glycerin is a very safe and gentle skin care ingredient making it OK to use on children. Infant uses include: diaper rash and cradle cap.
- Glycerin acts as a natural humectant and helps in restoring the moisture levels in your skin to prevent dryness, cracking and itching.
- Wrinkles mainly occur due to loss of elasticity and moisture in your skin. Glycerin helps in rejuvenating and hydrating your skin to proper, healthy levels.
- As your age increases, the resources of your skin start depleting and cannot be restored by your body on its own. By using glycerin, your skin resources are naturally enhanced and moisture is replenished.